Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Virtual Dinner Partner

Happy 2007!

It is unseasonably warm in New England and that trend will continue for the rest of the week. I do not enjoy frigid weather but I am feeling unsettled with these strange warm days. I chose to live in New England knowing that the winters are long and hard. And here we are with no winter weather. I keep eyeing my snow-shoes in the garage and have yet to use them. By this time last winter, I had snow-shoed several times, and last winter was very mild.

The festive holiday food in my house is almost gone. I have one more social weekend planned this month. I will be sharing several meals with long time friends. Fortunately, they get my struggle to keep my head above water during the winter season when my cravings are in full operation and high calorie celebration food is so plentiful.

Sleep: about 8 and a half hours
Vitamins

8:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, blackberries, and 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
12:00
kitchen sink salad (big bowl) with greens, carrots, celery, sweet red pepper, broccoli and 6 g fat canola based dressing
saffron shrimp (party leftovers)
1/2c sweet potato and apple casserole
pear
4:30
chocolate heaven
10 peanut butter wheat pretzels
6:00
pork loin
raw carrots, celery and broccoli
half a pomegranate

Totals: 5 veggies and 3 fruits

Movement and Meditation: 1 hour 50 minute walk in the woods. I took a different route today and visited remote woods. It was good to be out in the sunshine walking the muddy trails.


The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.
~George William Curtis

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
~Oprah Winfrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home