Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday Virtual Dinner Partner

Another day of "hungry as a bear." I swear it is the weather because it feels like I am eating plenty. Maybe I need more cooked vegetables. It gets cold outside and I feel like my appetite doubles. I went to the grocery store after my late afternoon walk to get a few things for supper. Everything looked good. Even fruit juice which I don't REALLY like. I bought a pack of strong cinnamon gum and I popped in a couple of pieces as soon as I got to the car. It saved me until dinner was prepared.

Slept about 7 hours and up at 6:00
Vitamins
Weight: 188.5

7:00
boiled egg
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
orange
2 cups tea
10:00
chocolate heaven
Dr Kracker flatbread
11:00
deli turkey with pickle and honey mustard on whole grain wrap
broccoli
grapes
almonds (2 tbsp)
1:30
half a Tri-lo-plex bar
5:30
white bean and curly endive soup with a little parmesan cheese
Dr Kracker flat bread
apple
cocoa

Totals: 2 veggies and 3 fruits

Movement and Mediation: walked in the woods for an hour. It was snowing and beautiful and made my walk a joy. I fell crossing the icy road starting out. I need to put Yaktracks on my shoes if the snow stays. I wore more clothes today so I was warm enough to really enjoy being outside.


Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”
~John Ruskin

I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines.
~Henry David Thoreau

Happy New Year everyone! I am taking a couple of days off to celebrate with beloved friends. I'll be writing again in 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home