Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday Virtual Dinner Partner

I spent a good part of the day at doctors' offices and fortunately I was not the patient. I am amazed by treatment possibilities. I am also alarmed by the easy attitudes we seem to have toward fixing things that have gone wrong with our bodies. I lived most of my life with habits that were damaging to my health. It didn't seem I actively held the belief that everything was repairable, but I lived as though that were true. It seemed an unconscious belief.

I had a few health scares and numerous warnings from health care professionals. I felt tired and achy most of the time. I also missed activities I loved during my childhood and early adulthood. I made multiple attempts to get active, eat better and feel better. I honestly feel I needed multiple attempts to make sustainable changes. I still don't have a clear path and I always try new approaches to this allusive thing I call "good health." I am in much better shape than I was five years ago but I am still finding my way. I rely more on my own interventions than I do medical care. What a difference that has made in this whole endeavor.

Sleep: about 8 hours
Vitamins

8:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, grapes, and 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
2 cups black tea
12:00
apple
6 almonds
1/4 Tri-lo-plex bar
1:00
deli turkey, lettuce, and honey mustard on whole grain wrap
3:00
50% cheese
fresh pineapple
corn chips (low fat)
5:00
soy nuggets
broccoli and New Balance
3 figs

Totals: 4 fruits and 2 veggies

I am craving sweets! I ate more fruits than usual (3) but that was better than eating dessert or candy. I don't have rules about what I eat. I try to live within healthy boundaries. Some days are better than others. Today was better than yesterday, but my days visiting my friend last week were better than today. I didn't have any food cravings while I was visiting. That is my ideal situation. I enjoyed an occasional dessert while I was in the Rockies. I was also very active.

Movement and Meditation: one hour walk in the woods. It has been several days since I walked my big wooded loop. It felt good to be here today. I walked at a good clip because I was cold.

Health is the condition of wisdom, and the sign is cheerfulness, -- an open and noble temper.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.
~Proverbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home