Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Virtual Dinner Partner

I seem to be writing this a lot....some days are just losses. That's when I get into a mode of treading water. Lots of energy goes out and not much gets done in respect to the big picture. I have been there a lot lately. This is a seasonal pattern for me. In the winter, I seem to lose my way.

Today was not a total loss. I have to frame what I am saying in the context of what is really important to me. Today was not very healthy.

I have a couple of very basic yardsticks I use to measure what I experience as health. The first is how I "feel" on some fundamental level. Did I feel "on track"? Today I didn't. I did things but I ended the day wondering what I accomplished.

The second yardstick of health for me is how alive I feel and I measure that directly too. Am I spending quality time outside? Lifting weights while watching "Ugly Betty" does not qualify that way. I got some exercise which is good but it didn't make me feel truly alive.

A third yardstick of health is how I am taking care of myself. The best, most direct way I measure that is how many vegetables I am getting in a day. It's really that basic. It has little to do with calories. It's about range, variety, and color. Today, I fell flat on my face in that department: I ate lettuce. The interesting thing is I really like vegetables.

This just indicates that I am lost and I need to get out a map or a compass and figure out a direction I need to move toward. Is it the produce department? Is it my recipe books? Is it my woods? Maybe so!

Sleep: about 6 and a half hours and woke up in the night
Vitamins

8:00
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
1/2 c nf cottage cheese, clementine, and 2 tbsps walnuts
2 c black tea
12:00
turkey burger, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard on whole grain pita
apple
1:30
soy crisps
2 tbsps almonds
2:30
chocolate heaven
5:30
shrimp and cocktail sauce
soy crisps
fudgesicle

Movement: leg resistance training

Who can map out the various forces at play in one soul? Man is a great depth. The hairs of his head are easier by far to count than his feeling, the movements of his heart.
~Saint Augustine

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home