Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Virtual Dinner Partner

Today I decided to do battle with hunger so I could manage my food cravings with more success. The strategy worked. I had a non-traditional breakfast. The pork loin is left over from New Year's and needed to be eaten. The waffles are homemade and healthy. I always make extra and freeze them. That gave me a great start. I filled up with a huge salad for lunch and at dinner I got lots of light protein (egg substitute with one yolk) and more veggies. I didn't have any food cravings and I felt full after every meal. That seems a good strategy for me during the winter months. Finally, I had a good day. Lots of veggies and high quality plentiful protein did the trick.

Sleep: about 8 hours
Vitamins

9:00
pork loin
whole-wheat waffle
clementine
12:00
kitchen sink salad (big bowl) with greens, broccoli, carrots, celery, cottage cheese and 6g fat canola based dressing
6 wheat crackers
banana
1:30
chocolate heaven
6:30
eggs and squash with soy cheese
white bean and escarole soup
sweet potato with New Balance
grapefruit

Totals: 7 veggies and 3 fruits

Movement and Meditation: 1 hour walk in the woods. It was wonderful to be outside but also weird. It was 60 degrees and the sky was darkly overcast. It was humid and felt like rain was about to happen for the whole walk. I was sweating about 20 minutes after I started.


If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit.
~Bill Clinton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home