Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday Virtual Dinner Partner

Today wasn't a great day in the meal department. I didn't get enough veggies and my carbohydrate intake was too high. Some days are just losses and I have to get back on the horse right away. My partner in this endeavor recommended I eat more protein to see if that helps with hunger and cravings. I am going to look at some good protein snacks during the next few days. Also I am shopping for more veggies. Resolve is central to this process: small steps, small changes, playing with things to see what works.

Sleep about 8 hours
Vitamins

8:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, strawberries, 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
1 c black tea
11:00
chocolate heaven
12:00
deli turkey, field greens, honey mustard in whole grain wrap
clementine
4:00
corn chips (too many)
6:00
turkey chili
grapefruit
several cookies

Movement and Meditation: one hour walk in the woods and full body resistance training with free weights, ankle weights, and ball. I am so glad I finally got to my resistance training again. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow but it seems to take on a life of its own when I don't get to it. I feel best when I am lifting regularly. It has unmistakable benefits and still I have such a hard time getting to it.

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
~Dr. Robert H. Goddard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home