Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Virtual Dinner Partner

Still doing battle here. I had an endless snack mid afternoon after walking. It wasn't over the top...just more than I planned.

In the summer, when I am out for long walks or bike rides (25 miles), I take food with me. Usually I have a sliced up apple and a handful of nuts. I abandon the practice in the winter because I just walk and I am not likely to "bonk" or hit metabolism wall. Maybe I need to rethink this. I don't get cement legs like I do with biking after my fuel stores have run out, but I experience an endless appetite.

Sleep: about 8 hours
Vitamins

8:00
eggs and squash (warmed up leftovers...really good!)
whole wheat waffle
blackberries
11:00
chocolate heaven
12:00
deli turkey
white bean and escarole soup
carrots
3:30
banana crisps
almonds
wheat crackers
grapefruit
5:30
pork loin
roasted brussles sprouts
sweet potato and New Balance
Dr Kracker flat bread
7:30
kiwi

Totals: 4 fruits and 4 veggies

Movement and Meditation: 1 hour and 10 minute walk in the woods in 70 degree weather. I love the warmth but today it was freakish...all the leaves are off the trees and it feels like a warm day in May.

A man's errors are his portals of discovery.
~James Joyce

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
~C.S. Lewis

Experience is the name we give to our past mistakes.
~Oscar Wilde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home