Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Virtual Dinner Partner

Yesterday, I spent the whole day flying across the country to return home. This amounted to hours on shuttles, airplanes and in airports. I had an unexpected additional leg to my trip when my flight was diverted to another airport because fog limited visibility. Tracking was nearly impossible. My "exercise" was walking to terminals and with all the changes in time zones I'm not sure when I ate.

I packed a soy cheese sandwich, fruit, peanuts and a Tri-lo-plex bar. I had non-fat frozen yogurt and late night M&M's from a vending machine when I realized I was not going to get any dinner and I had a 2 hour bus trip ahead of me. Life steps in sometimes and messes up the best made plans. I took that experience as an additional adventure tacked on to a nearly perfect week. I had to make do with vending machine snacks but I got to talk with strangers about their travels. Somehow it wasn't as disappointing as I anticipated.

My body is confused today. I never quite made the sleep transition to Rocky Mountain time but I did make the meal transition. I am hungry later. I am also very tired which kicks off my food cravings. My afternoon snacks reflect that. Those prunes tasted really good. Carbohydrates call when I am tired.

Sleep: about 8 hours & up at 9
Weight: 187
Vitamins

11:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, orange and 2 tbsp walnuts
tiny bran muffin
2 c black tea
11:30
half serving of banana chips
12:30
deli turkey, lettuce and honey mustard on whole grain wrap
grapes
fig
small slice of whole wheat banana bread
4:30
2 prunes
Dr Kracker flat bread
handful of chocolate chips
6:30
white bean and escarole soup with grated Parmesan cheese
clementine
cocoa

Totals: 6 fruits and 2 veggies

Movement and Meditation: one hour and ten minute walk in the woods. I felt like I was flying. I moved quickly up hills without gasping for breath. I experienced my everyday walk in a different frame of reference after experiencing the elevation of the Rocky Mountains. I also felt like I was in my back yard. There were no breath-taking vistas. Still, I love these small woods.

Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.
~George Washington Carver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home