Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Virtual Dinner Partner

My weekly recap will be brief. This was a week of major activity and deep personal reflection. I went to a memorial service for someone who was a quiet presence in my life for fifteen years. While I feel the loss of her physical manifestation, I still feel her presence. It shows up in the ways I see the world and the people who surround me. She inpired me and in many ways "held a space" so I could better step into my life. To me, this is the best life has to offer.

I am presently in the Rocky Mountains visiting another loved one who similarly inspires me. She too holds that space.

I have a handful of special people who seem to have have materialized as gifts from the universe. They have evoked some kind of unfolding in me. I have become more of myself having known them.

This has been in the front of my mind during the last week. Sometimes I lose track of the details as I pay attention to deeper ground. This has been one of those weeks.

Sleep: 6 hours and up at 5
Vitamins
6:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, fresh pineapple, 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal (1/3 c before cooked)
3 cups black tea
10:30 hiking in the mountains
whole wheat banana bread
clementine
1:30
deli turkey, hummus, soy cheese, and lettuce on whole wheat bread
3:30
clementine
black tea
7:00
eggs and squash
sweet potato and New Balance
10:00
2 dark chocolates
a few sips of mead

Movement and Meditation: hiking in the mountains. I have no idea about time or distance. This hike was more about meditation than movement. I was moving and breathing for a good long time but the details were not a focus of the experience. I was present to the stunning magnificence that surrounded me.

Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.
~Plato

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home