Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday Virtual Dinner Partner

I was out for most of the day at a Memorial Service for a beloved friend. There are days when I say Barbara Kingsolver's prayer "Let me be a good animal today." Let me remember that I am a living being and I want to consciously live in a way that promotes life. Today was a day to live that prayer.

Today was tender, sad and sweet. I was with "my people" honoring the life of someone we all adored.

Sleep: 7 hours and up at 7
Vitamins

8:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, 2 clementines and 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal 1/3c before cooked
2 c black tea
10:00
chocolate heaven
1/2 Tri-lo-plex bar
1:00 (at restaurant)
1/2 turkey wrap sandwich
green beans
few bites of cole-slaw
4:00
sesame cookie
small meatball
6:00 (really hungry)
chicken breast meat, whole grain wrap, lettuce
butternut squash
grapes
fudgesicle
zucchini bread
handful of chocolate covered espresso beans

Totals: 3 fruits and 4 veggies


To my old brown earth, and to my old blue sky
I'll now give these last few molecules of "I."
And you who sing, and you who stand nearby,
I do charge you not to cry.
Guard well our human chain,
Watch well you keep it strong,
As long as sun will shine.
And this our home, keep pure and sweet and green,
For now I'm yours and you are also mine.
~Pete Seeger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home