Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Virtual Dinner Partner

I didn't feel great today. I feel like I am throwing off something, a cold maybe? Symptoms were low energy, sleeping long, achiness. Sometimes I push through these things by taking easy walks but today it felt better to drop everything and stay close to home. I took ibuprophen for achiness. It's another gray day.

Not feeling great didn't seem to cut back my appetite however. I ate more than I wanted. Nothing I ate was unhealthy however I could have done with less.

Sleep: almost 9 hours
Vitamins
Weight: 187
Lux light: about an hour

8:00
Old habits die hard. I found myself halfway through breakfast, on the sofa, reading an article, under the lux light. Multi-tasking is a way of life for me. Mindful eating is not. I laughed and continued my breakfast. I was hungry starting out and well, to tell the truth I finished every bite of my breakfast but I didn't notice how full I felt. I'm back to measuring too. I realized that when I came to my senses sitting on the sofa. I measured breakfast without thinking.

1/2c nf cottage cheese, half diced apple, and 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal 1/3c before cooked
2 cups black tea

10:30
Sat at table and sipped. I felt satisfied finishing.

chocolate heaven

12:30
At table and "5 past full" when done. I have trouble wasting food. I tend to finish what I serve myself. I need to think of new ways of approaching this if I want to be mindful about fullness.

veggie soup
deli turkey on whole grain wrap

3:00
At the table, on a plate. I was slightly hungry and satisfied by this snack

home made whole wheat banana bread

4:00
Not hungry but wanting something to eat. Walking around.
half a Tri-lo-plex bar
banana

7:00
Ate out. Not very hungry but needed to eat "real" dinner.
cup of black bean soup
salad with chicken breast and light dressing
few bites of whole grain bread

8:00
Not hungry but it was one of those in my face situations. Freshly baked and on the counter. This is a bad time of year for me to have sweet carbs around. I have trouble walking away.

whole wheat zucchini bread

The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.
~Henry Van Dyke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home