Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday Virtual Dinner Partner

Another gray rainy day and my car was in the shop having expensive repair work...not my favorite recipe for joy. I am dying to walk but the combination of miserable weather and the wait for my car has me homebound. On top of that, Oprah, a favorite diversion, is depressing today (her show is about depression)!

It's interesting, on days when I am inactive or I am worried, I struggle with what I experience as hunger. I found myself foraging through the cabinets and refrigerator looking for something to curb the malaise I felt with the weather and the anxiety and frustration of expensive car repairs. Fortunately I "found" myself doing this and stopped before any real damage occurred.

Tonight was "junk food" night...soy nuggets, my sort of healthy answer to frustration cravings. I choose them with slight skepicism. They are breaded with stone ground whole wheat and the list of ingredients doesn't include too many chemicals. I wonder about textured soy protein. Just what is done to those beans to give them a "meat-like" quality? I have cut back on processed food but I keep a box of these things in the freezer exactly for this kind of situation. They are healthier than pepperoni pizza.


Sleep: about 7 and a half hours and up at 6:45
Vitamins

7:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese with grapes and 2 tbsp walnuts
oatmeal 1/3c before cooked
2 cups tea
10:00
chocolate heaven
12:00
deli turkey, lettuce and honey mustard in whole wheat wrap
broccoli and a little New Balance
orange
2:30
half a tri-lo-plex bar
4:00
Asian pear
6:00
soy nuggets and honey mustard
salad and 6g fat canola based dressing

Totals: 5 veggies and 3 fruits.
Movement: resistance training 10 pound free weights for arms 2x8 reps and 10 pound ankle weights for legs 2x8 reps. Ball exercises for abs, back and core.

Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all; this, too, shall pass.
Ann Landers (1918 - 2002)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home