Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Virtual Dinner Partner

The week flew and it's Friday recap again. My weight is up a little but my guess is salt is a factor. I didn't stuff myself yesterday but I noticed that many of the things I ate tasted salty. I don't cook with salt anymore and I have cut back on processed foods so when I run across salt, I notice it.

This week I want to focus on awareness of hunger and fullness. I waited to eat breakfast this morning until I felt clear hunger pangs and I didn't measure amounts. I used my eye which is probably well trained by now. I finished my bowl of breakfast including just about every curd of cottage cheese. Some habits die hard.

As far as fullness is concerned, I definitely was not stuffed and I'm not sure how full I was, but I felt satisfied. Maybe that should be my guidepost. Satisfaction is something I can identify when I pay attention.

Writing at this tedious level of detail horrifies me. However, I am trying to inhabit the details of my life so that's what I am writing about in this forum.

I used the lux light on gray mornings all week and it seems to help with waking in the morning. I don't know if it helps with energy throughout the day but the brightness makes early morning reading much easier.

My new low hikers are a vast improvement on my run-down treadless pair. I need to pay more attention to my shoes because foot comfort can make or break a walk for me. I continue to shop for hiking boots. I did online research, talked with several people and tried on some boots. I will continue until I buy a pair. I also made tentitive plans to walk with a very seasoned mountain climber in my family. She will help me gain experience for bigger hikes.

I walked 6 and a half hours this week and did 2 arm and leg resistance sessions and 1 abs and core session. Walking is up from last week. I would like to do at least one long hike in before I go to Boulder.

I continue with Michael Pollan's Omnivore's Dilemma, and hope to finish it this week. What a great book!


Sleep: just short of 6 hours & up at 5:45
Vitamins
Weight 187.5

6:30 (mild hunger followed by satisfaction)
nf cottage cheese, tangerine, Kashi pilaf grains and walnuts
black tea
10:00 (mild hunger & couldn't discern fullness but hunger was gone)
chocolate heaven
12:00 (true confessions...the turkey wrap went down fast while I was watching "The View." I noticed the first bite. Veggie dippers went down a little more slowly, and the pomegranate slower still. I was slightly hungry starting out and well... happy with my lunch but not too tuned in on fullness. Hari hachi bu was definitely not happening. This is a typical meal experience for me).
turkey (real, not deli), lettuce and honey mustard in whole grain wrap
raw brocoli, cauliflower, carrots and cucumbers with baba ghannouj
half a pomegranate
1:00 Found myself forraging in the cabinets "feeling hungry?" but not sure...more likely tired because I didn't get enough sleep last night. Took nap for about half an hour and that did the trick...I was tired...not hungry.
3:30 (a little hungry and I was at beginning of walk).
half a Tri-lo-plex bar
6:30 (actually forgot that I was tracking hunger and fullness).
turkey veggie soup
sweet potato with New Balance
fresh pineapple

Totals: 7 veggies and 3 fruits
Movement and Meditation: 1 hour and 15 minute walk in the woods.


This life is not for complaint, but for satisfaction.
~Henry David Thoreau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home