Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday Virtual Dinner Partner


Someone I am close to describes some of her experiences as "off"...things don't go as she expects and as a result, she feels fuzzy, or fussy, or out of sorts. Today was an off day. I don't know why...nothing terrible happened. I didn't have big expectations and I didn't feel disappointed. I got to most things on my lists and still I felt "off."

This seems to tie in with my organization expectations or more accurately the expectations I have about the role organization will play in the quality of my life. One of the maxims I have tattooed in my mind is this: "I will get organized. Things will go well. Life will be good."

When I look at those last three sentences, "will" stands out. In other words, all of this takes place in the future. Maybe a better maxim is "Things are going and life is good." Or maybe "Things are going and life is."

You are probably wondering what happened to my first statement..the one about organization. Today I am rethinking that one. I wonder if I need live from the standpoint "Life is messy and you've got to love it."

Yesterday I wrote from the vantage of keeping a living kitchen...I walked in, discovered a sink and counter full of dishes, a refrigerator drawer with a more than dead eggplant and my thoughts immediately went to "I HAVE to get organized." This was not a happy thought. Then I loosened up and actually enjoyed the cleanup.

Today it's about a bigger picture. AND it's about what I say to myself.

I want to wake up and celebrate the mess.


Sleep about 8 hours
Vitamins

10:00
1/2c nf cottage cheese, fresh pineapple, walnuts
oatmeal (1/3c before cooked)
2:00
hoisin chicken breast
butternut squash and New Balance
zucchini
whole wheat crackers
6:30
salmon burger
broccoli
sweet potato and New Balance
grapefruit

Totals: 3 veggies and 2 fruits
Movement: rest day


Life isn't like a book. Life isn't logical or sensible or orderly. Life is a mess most of the time. And theology must be lived in the midst of that mess.
~Charles Caleb Colton


Yesterday, it was my birthday
I hung one more year on the line
I should be depressed
My life's a mess
But I'm Having A Good Time...
~Paul Simon

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home