Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Virtual Dinner Partner

I feel my legs today. Wow, I am sore! I realized my home based leg resistance training workouts are not as demanding as using machines at the gym. I used about half the weight I was accustomed to using on machines last fall and still today I am feeling the shift in the workout. The other change was I biked for an hour in spin class yesterday. I haven't been on my bike for 6 months.

I returned to the gym today for a lighter workout. The novelty is still a good factor, also the cold weather and my soreness drove the decision to walk indoors. I feel good about getting some movement today, but I don't feel the openness I feel after walking in the woods. I have a touch of cabin fever. Even big enclosed spaces don't take care of that. I need fresh air, sunshine and dirt under my feet.

Sleep about 7 hours
Vitamins

9:00
oatmeal 2/3c before cooked and 1/4c crushed peanuts
11:00
edamame in the shell
chocolate heaven
12:30
grilled cheese with whole grain bread, 1 slice 50% cheese and New Balance
butternut squash
half a grapefruit
6:00
large salad with 6 g fat canola based salad dressing
1 egg and egg beater omlette with spinach, onion, and sweet pepper
apple

Totals: 2 fruits and 8 veggies

Movement: walked 1 mile on indoor track and rode stationary bike for 20 minutes in "hill climb" workout program.


Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
~John Ruskin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home