Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Virtual Dinner Partner

I am "between gyms" and found a month long complementary membership at a local gym while I shop around for a new one. The novelty of a new place made working out a lot more fun than it tends to be for me.

I am not a track walker but I welcomed the opportunity today because the weather was so cold. I haven't ridden my bike since August, so I took a spin class which was a fun diversion. Gyms aren't nature for me but they open possibilities for exploring nature down the road. I feel like I need to approach fitness as a mission so I can climb some real mountains this summer. That's the vision that kept me engaged today.

Sleep: about 6 hours woke up several times last night
Vitamins

9:00
oatmeal (2/3 c before cooked) and 2 tbsp peanut butter
2 c black tea
12:00
spinach and onion omelet (1 egg and eggbeaters) with Romano cheese
butternut squash with New Balance
chocolate heaven
4:30
edamame in the shell
orange
6:00
deli turkey, field greens, and honey mustard in a whole grain wrap

Totals:1 fruit and 4 veggies

Movement: at gym today walked a mile on indoor track, took hour long spin class, and did leg resistance training on machines, at home did arm resistance training with free weights.


I didn't have anybody, really, no foundation in life, so I had to make my own way. Always, from the start. I had to go out in the world and become strong, to discover my mission in life.
~Tina Turner

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home