Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday Virtual Dinner Partner

I haven't gotten out for a couple of days because the wind was high and the weather really cold. Cabin fever was a problem so today I put on all my cold weather technical wear, my new hiking boots, my ancient huge puffy down parka and I set out. It was rough going but really quite wonderful to be outside again.

Other brave folks were out before me, I saw cross country ski tracks, horse shoe imprints, bike tracks, dog paw prints and a wide range of shoe prints. I saw only one other person walking today but the snow told a different story. Cold weather doesn't keep everyone inside. I need to remember that.

Sleep: about 7 hours
Vitamins

9:00
oatmeal (2/3c before cooked) with 1 tbsp peanut butter
12:00
whole grain wrap with deli turkey, field greens, and honey mustard
chocolate heaven
6:00
chicken veggie soup
butternut squash with New Balance and 2 tsp maple syrup
grapefruit

Totals: 5 veggies and 1 fruit

Movement and Meditation: 1 hour walk in the woods. I did the same route but it was an entirely different journey. It was very windy and cold and the footing was much more demanding. Snow and ice were prevalent.

I didn't eat much today. The last few weeks have been really rough for carbohydrate cravings. Today, I didn't have a problem. I never know what drives these cycles. Certainly the cold weather and the shorter winter days contribute. I started with a high carbohydrate very filling breakfast today. Maybe that helped.

He that dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.
~Anne Bronte

When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home